- Red Voice Media - https://www.redvoicemedia.com -

Elderly Woman Handcuffed By Police For Not Wearing Mask Properly At City Council Meeting [Video]

PORTERVILLE, CA – A 75-year-old woman was handcuffed by police this week as she was allegedly not wearing a face mask properly [1] during a city council meeting. The mask was reportedly falling past her nose.

While the woman was reportedly let go without any formal charges, the elderly woman says the whole thig was “just uncalled for.”

Tired of the ads? Go Ad-Free and Get EXCLUSIVE Content, Become a PREMIUM USER [2]

The incident occurred on January 18th while 75-year-old Rae Dean Strawn was attending the Porterville City Council meeting. Video captured from the incident shows two Porterville Police approaching the seated woman, with the male officer saying, “Your mask is not on properly.”

Strawn can be seen with the mask covering her mouth, but it had slightly fallen past her nose, which Strawn briefly explains, “I just put it up.”

The officer interjects, saying, “I’m going to ask you to leave and if not, you’re going to leave in handcuffs.” Strawn stays seated for approximately four seconds, and then male officer says, “Did you hear me? Okay, stand up.”

The elderly woman was placed in cuffs and escorted outside of the building, with the individual recording the situation following her and the officers outside. When the man filming went to take the woman’s mask off for her since they were outside, the male officer present instructed the gentleman to step back.

With Strawn in cuffs, she tells the man filming how she’s never been in trouble with the law before – and that the arresting officer was also improperly wearing his mask when taking her into custody.

“I’ve never even had a speeding ticket…I’ve never had anything…The only reason why they’re arresting me is because my mask fell down below my nose. And when he came to arrest me, his was below his nose – this officer right here,” Strawn remarked.

Additional units arrived on the scene – keep in mind, all for an elderly woman allegedly not wearing her face mask properly. Strawn was placed into the back of a squad car and transported to a nearby police station. Strawn noted that the officer who did her paperwork at the station “was very nice.”

** Join Our Community ** [3]

Shortly thereafter, another officer arrived at the station and said, “[T]here aren’t going to be any charges. We’re going to let her go.” Strawn said the same “nice” officer who did her paperwork then gave her a ride back to her vehicle that was parked near City Hall.

While Strawn is pleased that there were no charges, she finds the whole matter unjustifiable.

“I’m not a happy camper,” she said. “I’m not happy at all. It was just uncalled for.”

Red Voice Media has reached out to the Porterville Police Department for comment but has not received a call back at the time of this writing. We will update if we hear back.

<Support Our Efforts To Keep Truth Alive> [4]