- Red Voice Media - https://www.redvoicemedia.com -

Mass Shooting In Philly Kills Three, Injures 11, Video Captures Fight That Started It & The Gunshots That Followed

PHILADELPHIA, PA – Authorities say that at least 14 people were shot, three of whom were killed, in a mass shooting [1] that occurred in Philadelphia on the evening of June 4th. No suspects have been taken into custody as of this time, but authorities say multiple suspects are believed to be involved in the incident.

The incident reportedly occurred just before midnight on June 4th in the area of South Street between 2nd and 3rd streets, where multiple people were in the area engaged in the run of the mill Saturday night activities.

Several gunmen were said to have opened fire in the area, with nearby officers hearing the commotion unfold. According to Philadelphia Police Inspector D. F. Pace, one officer was “within 10 to 15 yards of the shooter, watching this person shoot into the crowd.” That officer fired toward the suspect.

While it is unclear whether the suspect was struck by the officer’s gunfire, authorities say the suspect did drop their firearm and fled the area, leaving behind a firearm that bore an extended magazine. Inspector Pace confirmed that a second firearm was also recovered at the scene.

Of the three victims who died as a result of the gunfire, they have since only been identified by officials as two males and one female.

Authorities are also looking into a video that was uploaded online that reportedly captured the moments leading up to the incident. In the video, two men can be seen approaching another solitary man standing on the sidewalk, with the person behind the camera saying, “They’re both strapped.”

One of the two men approaching the solitary male appears to pull what looks like a handgun out of his waistband while closing in on the male, with the two men then attacking the solitary male. After a few seconds of the three individuals tussling, a barrage of gunfire breaks out. At that point, whoever was filming the confrontation appears to have fled the area and possibly dropped down on the ground to avoid the gunfire.

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney (D) issued a statement following the incident, lamenting the senseless violence that played out over the weekend.

“Once again, we see lives senselessly lost and those injured in yet another horrendous, brazen, and despicable act of gun violence. My heart is with the family, friends, loved ones of those lost or injured, and with everyone impacted by this terrible tragedy.”

Philadelphia Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw also condemned the incident [2], saying, “Yesterday was a dark day for Philadelphia. And while many of us were out enjoying the beautiful day in the city, a horrendous and unthinkable act happened in a very popular local and tourists hang out.”

Police are still actively working to track down the suspects involved in the shooting, with one of the suspects being last seen running south on American Street between 2nd and 3rd streets following the incident.