“Salman Rushdie, author of “The Satanic Verses,” has been attacked while speaking in New York, and police claim they have yet to determine a motive even though a bounty was put on Rushdie’s life by Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, in which he sentenced him to death for publishing that book!
In this video, Dan Dicks of Press For Truth discusses the issues of freedom of expression and freedom of speech and also the hypocrisy in our leaders who claim to stand for these rights while at the same time their actions show that they believe the exact opposite!” – Press For Truth
Sources referenced by Dan in the video above:
- Radio Free Europe: Salman Rushdie Hospitalized On Ventilator, With Damaged Liver, Severed Arm Nerves, After Attack
- Times Of Israel: ‘No one will any longer dare offend Islam’: The 1989 fatwa against Salman Rushdie
- AP News: Praise, worry in Iran after Rushdie attack; government quiet
- The Straits Times: Salman Rushdie suspect had Shi’ite extremist sympathies: Report
- Daily Mail: Outrage as transgender woman over 30 plays against young women at Gaelic football championship – as women are suspended from Twitter for ‘hateful conduct’ for asking why a ‘man’ was allowed to compete
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Red Voice Media. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.